Friday 25 May 2012

Thing 2 : I spy

Thing 2 should be really easy to do.  I mean, look up some library blogs....how simple is that?  Here's the problem; I'm really good at snooping around other people's blogs, not so good at commenting on them.  I don't know why, and it's not just the library blogs that I have looked at for CPD 23.  I never comment on the internet.

I guess I do feel like I am spying on people, and leaving a comment gives the game away.  I know public blogs are there so that others can read them, and most bloggers want to hear what others think about what they have to say.  I also know that it could be a great way to network.  It still makes me feel queazey.

Maybe underneath it all I am simply really shy...

I need to get over it.  Okay - here I go.  I'm going to force myself to start leaving some comments.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I started reading your blog because I liked the title of it....great title!
    So...how did you go commenting on blogs?
    It can be hard I know...I would probably say I am an introvert. I definitely like reflecting and not being pushed into saying things! But I love the freedom of blogging in a way.
    We recently had a ebook challenge at work- we wanted students to add a paragraph to a story. Weended up getting 83 posts to the story and it ended up being a lot of fun. Why am I telling you this?? One of my colleagues said- "well don't forget there were a lot of people that read it and didn't comment- me for one". I used to called these people "lurkers" but they are not- just people who don't comment.
    anyway- welcome :)
    Kate
    http://librarianheadspace.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first comment! Thanks for the welcome and encouragment. I did manage to leave a few comments in the end. The first one was the hardest, and once I got past that was happy to comment on anything!

      Delete