Thursday 24 May 2012

Thing 1 : You wanna be startin' something

Here is it, my first post of my first "professional" blog.  Shouldn't there be fireworks or balloons or something?  I am not new to blogging although this will be a new experience for me as in all my previous blogs I kept a strict distance between the blog and its content and my working life.  It will be interesting to see how meshing the two together goes.

I suppose a little background information about myself would be appropriate now.  I am a library assistant at the University of Chester.  I have around ten years experience of working in libraries in both England and the United States.  I started as a shelver in my hometown library when I was a student and have slowly progressed from there.

I have decided to take the plunge and sign up for CPD 23 because I want to finally make the leap into a professional library role.  I am currently working towards Chartership.  I hope that CPD 23 will help me think more about my career and where I want it to go (maybe even provide me with some ideas on how to get there).


No comments:

Post a Comment